Sunday, April 21, 2024

Israel-Hamas cease-fire 'breaks' again, Israel boycotts talks | leader


Leader Online Desk : Talks that Israel and Hamas will end the war have once again come to a screeching halt. Hamas refused to provide a list of hostages. The Israel Times reported that Israel boycotted the ceasefire talks due to this reason. Meanwhile, US Vice President Kamala Harris has reiterated that a temporary ceasefire should be decided immediately in view of the dire situation in Gaza.

A delegation of Hamas arrived in Cairo for talks. Israel demanded that the list of hostages should be presented. But this demand was not fulfilled. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in coordination with Mossad director David Barnia, has decided not to attend the talks. That put an end to talks of a temporary ceasefire.

The US had expressed its belief in a cease-fire till March 4

Earlier, US President Joe Biden expressed his belief that there will be a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas by Monday, March 4. He also said that both sides are close to a proposed six-week ceasefire agreement.

17 killed in Israeli attack in Rafah city

Israeli forces bombed a refugee camp near a hospital in the city of Rafah on Saturday, March 2. 17 Palestinians were killed and 50 injured. The Ministry of Health in Gaza said in a statement that Israeli forces carried out airstrikes targeting three houses in Deir al-Balah and Jabaliya. 17 Palestinians were killed and dozens injured in these attacks.

More than 30,000 Palestinians killed in six months

On October 7, 2023, Hamas attacked Israel. Hundreds of citizens were kidnapped. Israel responded strongly to this. So far, 1,200 Israeli civilians have been killed. While Israeli forces have killed more than 30,000 Palestinians, according to Gaza health officials, thousands more are feared to be buried under the rubble.

Also Read:



Related Articles

Stay Connected

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles